Wednesday 12 July 2017

江亭 杜甫

江亭     杜甫 (712-770)
坦腹江亭暖,長吟野望時。
水流心不競,雲在意俱遲。
寂寂春將晚,欣欣物自私。
江東猶苦戰,回首一顰眉。

The River Pergola          
Du Fu (712-770)                              

Disposing my clothes and exposing my belly in the river pergola to bask in the vernal warmth I loll,
Intoning poems insouciantly I chant loud and long looking around at the wilds,
The river water incessantly flows and rolls but my mind remains placid and unruffled as I have no rivals to prevail,
In the sky on the clouds float,
All these chime in with the insouciance of my soul,
Desolate the scenery will soon turn as spring will soon fade off,
The foliage is still blooming fascinatingly at the moment,
The River East is still plagued by military turmoil,
Looking thither I can’t help frowning my eyebrows.



No comments:

Post a Comment